Lengthy weekends and college holidays are intervals of excessive site visitors on the roads. In order that lengthy journeys by automotive stay protected and serene journeys, deal with some sensible recommendation!
Anticipate your journey by automotive
- Find the route and if vital, program it within the GPS;
- Verify the climate forecast and delay your departure within the occasion of heavy rains or thunderstorms;
- Discover out in regards to the site visitors situations to adapt to the situations, similar to, for instance, within the occasion of heavy site visitors jams, go away a day later, minimize the journey in two or take alternate routes;
- Don’t set an crucial time of arrival.
Journey by automotive: hours to keep away from!
- Between 1 p.m. and 4 p.m. and between 2 a.m. and 5 a.m., the human organism is “programmed” to sleep. Conducive to drowsiness on the wheel, these intervals ought to due to this fact be prevented when driving.
- Additionally, to be prevented, the hasty departure after a day of labor with out enough relaxation. After 17 hours of lively vigilance, the reflexes lower as a lot as with 0.5 g of alcohol per liter of blood.
Verify the situation of the automobile
A number of checks don’t essentially require the intervention of knowledgeable however stay important earlier than any lengthy journey by automotive. For extra data on auto air-con take a look at Natrad
- Windshield washer fluid;
- Brake fluid (if vital, seek the advice of a mechanic).
Underneath-inflated tires are an actual hazard. The tires needs to be inflated, ideally chilly and the automotive unladen, to the pressures really helpful by the producer. These directions are sometimes seen on the sting of the entrance left door or on the gas filler flap of the automotive. Watch out, the tire strain could differ if you’re driving loaded, or with a caravan, a trailer, and many others.
If the tires are hotly inflated, 200 to 300 grams should be added to the really helpful pressures.
Inflation stations can be found to motorists in sure service stations.
Tire put on
The tread depth of a tire should not be lower than 1.6 mm to make sure good street holding of the automotive and to keep away from the danger of aquaplaning within the occasion of rain. If doubtful, don’t hesitate to have the situation of the tires checked by knowledgeable.
Lighting, signage and visibility
Soiled lights and headlights lower lighting effectivity by as much as 30%. Earlier than departure, it’s, due to this fact, helpful to scrub the windshield (exterior and inside) and all different glass surfaces (mirrors and lights) of the automobile.
Wiper blades which might be greater than a yr previous or which now not wipe the windshield completely within the occasion of heavy rain needs to be changed.
Effectively retailer baggage within the automobile
Loading baggage is commonly a headache. This is the reason it’s preferable, if the protection of the automobile permits it, to hold out this process the day earlier than slightly than the morning of the departure.
3 ideas for loading baggage with out destructive influence on driving
- Distribute the heaviest baggage within the boot, as little as potential to decrease the middle of gravity and enhance street holding.
- Safe objects within the passenger compartment to stop them from turning into harmful projectiles for the passengers within the occasion of sudden braking.
- Safe the baggage securely to the roof bars utilizing straps. Verify earlier than departure and usually at every cease that the straps are tight and that they don’t flutter within the wind.
Guarantee security on board the automobile
Driver and passengers should fasten their seat belts earlier than departure and all through the journey by automotive. Using a restraint system, accredited and tailored to the kid, is obligatory till the kid is 12 years previous or till he can use the seat belt (top between 1.35 m and 1.50 m), so be sure to have the greatest journey booster seat accessible for the journey forward.
Additionally it is essential to activate the “youngster security” to lock the rear doorways. Lastly, if household animals are additionally touring, they should be tied up or locked away in order to not roam freely within the passenger compartment.
Driving on the freeway
The freeway is the popular street community for many with regards to long-distance journey and as one can attain the vacation spot extra rapidly. Although it’s safer than different roads, we nonetheless should stay vigilant:
- On the freeway, the velocity on the wheel is concerned in 7 out of 10 accidents: study to scale back your velocity on the wheel.
- One-third of freeway crashes are brought on by drowsiness on the wheel: discover ways to forestall drowsiness and establish indicators of fatigue.
- Respecting the protection distance saves lives, listed below are some tricks to establish the protection interval to respect.
- The cellular phone is accountable for 16% of deadly accidents on the motorway. Decode the true from the false on the dangers of the phone whereas driving.
- Motorway driving requires vigilance on fundamental security guidelines: the right way to forestall the dangers of motorway driving?
- Do not neglect the 15–20-minute breaks each 2 hours!